We arrived at our rustic cabin on Monday afternoon in a hurried fashion. The kids had been crying for the past 30 minutes off and on...they were hungry and cramped which is not a good combination. There was a slow person who couldn't find their cabin in front of us...my husband being the aggressive, I mean defensive driver that he is passed them and floored it. We had the kids out of the car and were headed into the cabin when the slow driver passed our cabin. Being on vacation with kids is fun, but more complicated. So I had to take care of the kids while Dan unpacked the car and rearranged the furniture in the cabin so that the kids would have a relatively safe place to play. Here is the area that we made for the kids...the carpet was kind of sketchy, so we brought blankets to put on the floor.
Since it was pretty busy when we first got there we decided to reward ourselves by taking a stroll to the beach to introduce the kids to the ocean.
The cabin was rustic...meaning it was not very pretty or luxurious...meaning Dan was cringing. He really loves things that are ascetically pleasing. We did know this prior to renting the cabin...but there are not a lot of options on Hunting Island. It's either camping in tents or cabins. We chose cabins. So even though it was rustic the view was amazing. We had a great screened in porch that faced the ocean. It was awesome to be able to sit in rocking chairs, watching and listening to the ocean every evening.
This is the view from our front porch
The kitchen had a great view of the lagoon out back.
Since we were cramped for space I did not pack things that I didn't think that we would need...like warm clothes. So we were pretty surprised on Tuesday morning when we woke up to a windy, cold day. Dan had a rain jacket and I had a pair of jeans..so between the two of us we had semi warm clothes. Thankfully I had longsleeved pjs for the kids. So Tuesday was pajama day for them. From our cabin we took a trail that went to the lagoon and hiked around there for some of the morning. Dan had Atticus zipped up in his jacket for some of the trip.
Isaiah and I getting ready for our hike
We went to the beach that afternoon. It was pretty windy and cold so we did not stay on the beach very long. Isaiah loved the wind. He kept sticking his tongue out like he wanted to taste it. Here's a shot of Isaiah tasting the wind:
Here is Atticus and I on the beach:
We also went to a really neat March boardwalk where we saw tons of crabs. Unfortunately we did not take our cameras, so just picture a really beautiful boardwalk out in the middle of a marsh.



No comments:
Post a Comment