Monday, March 1, 2010

A Trip to the Zoo

Last Saturday we made a trip to the Columbia zoo. Margie rode with us and we met up with Seth and Rachel at the zoo. I had been trying to explain to the boys what the zoo was- Atticus did say the word zoo a few times- but I knew that they had no idea what I was saying. They did not take a nap on the way to the zoo so they were pretty tired most of the trip. I think that they are a little too young to get excited about the animals. They were intrigued and would stare at them, but it was hard to tell if they were enjoying it. Here's the basic stare they gave the animals:


They called every animal that they saw a dog. We tried to get them to say other names, but they wouldn't. So according to Atticus and Isaiah we saw a very wide variety of dogs at the zoo.
Checking out the monkeys


Seth, Dan and ?


Talking with the ostrich


Dan and Atticus (unfortunately I did not realize he was eating the wooden railing until now)


Hanging out with the giraffe


Family shot with the lion


Seth and Rachel


The girls
We spent a few hours at the zoo and then went to eat lunch with Rachel's parents at Chipotle. After a nice lunch we said our goodbyes and made our way home.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, how fun! And so cute to see you girls together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I'm so jealous that you girls got to hang out! How about you all come here and hang out with me and Heidi?! Yes? Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete