Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trunk or Treat

Today was a really fun day for our family. We started out the morning by painting our pumpkins. I had thought about doing this earlier in the week but I decided to wait for Dan because I thought that I would need the extra help, plus I thought that he would enjoy it too. It was a messy success. Dan's summary of the experience was, "It was 30 minutes of prep work for 3 minutes of fun." That's pretty accurate. The kids enjoyed painting their pumpkins, especially Atticus. He really got the hang of it and did not need much help painting his pumpkin. Isaiah was a little more timid, which is surprising for him. They got paint all over their faces, in their hair, etc....needless to say they got a bath at 11 in the morning. :)


Isaiah and Atticus painting pumpkins


Isaiah painting

We were going to go to a festival downtown called Jack-o-lantern Jubilee this afternoon. I was so excited about going that I accidentally locked us out of the house! Opps! We usually keep a spare key hidden, but we did not have one anywhere. Dan had to break the lock on the door and then get a new door knob from Lowes. So we did not make it to the Jubile... but there is always next year! Thankfully the kids did not know what they were missing.


The damage

Dan re-enacting the event

Atticus was so tired that he fell asleep in his highchair after dinner

After dinner we went to my parent's church for Trunk or Treat. The boys went to this last year, but they were too little to remember. They really enjoyed getting candy in their buckets and walking from car to car. Atticus kept sitting down on the ground to play with his candy. They had some games for the kids to play, Isaiah enjoyed putting rings around the little pumpkins. Both of the boys had a great time and did not seem to mind wearing their costumes the whole time.

Amber, Dan, Isaiah, Atticus and Grandma with Thomas the Train- my mom is laughing so hard because Atticus kicked his candy bucket on the ground right before I took the picture

Here is probably the best shot of the boys looking at the camera....kind of...

Atticus admiring his goodies

Dan and Isaiah playing pumpkin toss

Isaiah probably trying to tear down the sign....

The cousins- Thomas was dressed as Batman, but he got too hot so he changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment