Dan and I rent out our house every year for Masters. Since my parents live in town it is very easy for us to do this. It takes a lot of work to get the house ready but I use this as my motivation to do some spring cleaning. Ever since we have had the boys we have had to start the clean up process earlier and earlier. The renters don't show up until Wednesday, but we move out on Sunday so that we have several days to clean before they come. It is really impossible to do unless the boys are gone, because they can very quickly undo everything that we have done. :)
So my mom offered to watch them Monday and Tuesday so that I could clean. To make matters even crazier I worked Saturday and Sunday night so that I could enjoy hanging out with my brother and his family when they arrived later in the week. After sleeping on Monday til about noon my wonderful sister and niece came over to help me clean. I couldn't have done it without them. I was really happy when I finished cleaning on Tuesday night- I was ready to relax at my parents for the rest of the week.But things rarely work out the way we plan them in our heads. Tuesday evening a big storm came through knocking out my parent's power. The big problem about a power outage at my parents is that they have a well instead of city water. So when the power goes out it means no water and no electricity. Needless to say I was not very happy. It took two days for the power to come back on...Dan and I kept wondering why we were renting out the house with electricity and running water while we were roughing it out at the parents. But we survived, and according to my mother we "made some memories".
By the time Tim, Leia and Claire arrived the power had been restored and the fun began. Here are some pictures of that week.
Isaiah helping Grandma clean up after the storm
Dan being a big kid....
Katherine
Isaiah
Thomas
Tim and Claire
Atticus hunting for eggs
Isaiah
No comments:
Post a Comment