Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Visiting Claire

This past weekend we made the trip to Birmingham to see my new niece Claire.  I had the great idea that we would bath, feed and put the boys in the car and then drive to Birmingham.  I believed that this would be a perfect plan- they would sleep the whole way there...I was wrong. Very wrong!  They cried a good bit of the trip because they were tired and could not get comfy.  I was a little frazzled by the time we arrived in Birmingham...but one look at Claire made the whole cry fest worth it!  She is so beautiful!  I forget how small babies are at first- it was even more shocking to realize that my boys were half her size when they were born.  When we pulled up to the door Tim walked out with Claire- it was love at first sight.  :)  I love being an aunt and it was just so great to spend time with Tim, Leia and Claire.  After we got the boys settled into bed we got the chance to really hang out with Claire.  She is a calm, sweet girl with the cutest expressions.  Tim and Leia are both so enthralled with her- as all good parents are with their children.  Leia was good about sharing Claire with us...Tim on the other hand was a mess!  I had to keep begging to hold her.  :)  He is a great dad- just not the best on sharing.  
We tried to be as helpful as we could with two busy boys of our own.  I am glad that we were able to go over and spend some time with them since we missed her birth.  In hindsight it was nice to go on a different weekend than everyone else so that I could have her all to myself- I am not good at sharing either!  I can't wait until we get to see her again!
The weather was so nice that we went on several walks throughout the day.  Claire really likes to sleep in her stroller- Tim joked that he was going to try to stroll her around the house when she wouldn't sleep at night.  Leia even went on a walk with us one afternoon- she is super mom!  The boys really loved exploring their house...they showed them all the fun things that Claire will be getting into in a few months!  It was a great visit and we can't wait until we get to see them again!



Claire in her swing



Claire getting ready for our walk



The Daddy's and their babies



Claire smiling in her bouncy seat



The sweet new family



Claire upclose



Isaiah, Claire and Atticus wearing outfits made by Leia's Aunt Mary Jane



My favorite!


Uncle Dan and Claire



Aunt Carrie and Claire


Going on a walk



She is so cute!



Claire after bath

1 comment:

  1. What a precious family!
    The Boys are so BIG! We have got to get together before our kids are teenagers! :)

    ReplyDelete